Monday, December 23, 2013

Highlands Christian Grammar


Working at Highlands Christian Grammar is incredibly rewarding.  Every day I know that I am contributing to the future of PNG and providing a service that no-one else can provide.  I’m not just a number.  I am valued, appreciated and have an amazing staff who rise to the challenges I set before them.

The school started the year with an influx of new students.  More than a third of the school was new.  This was exciting but has also meant some hard work to maintain the culture of the school. 

This year we had our first Independence Day mumu (traditional way of cooking food in the ground).  All the students learnt traditional dance from different regions of PNG.
 
We were tremendously blessed to have Jess & Andy from Gateway come up to Hagen to direct our Christmas musical.  They did a fabulous job and were loved by the kids.

Staffing has continued to be a challenge.  Thankfully one of my part-time teachers has agreed to work full-time next year but I desperately need another teacher by Easter. 

If you know a teacher…encourage them to come and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment